Show HN: I built a tool to try artworks on your own wall https://ift.tt/kmyPsz0

Show HN: I built a tool to try artworks on your own wall Simply upload a photo of your wall, upload the artwork images, position them, and download the result. It's very lightweight and nothing is uploaded to a server - everything runs directly in your browser. Why I made this: Existing apps (like Artrooms) fell short for me because they only offered stock wall images and limited 3D positioning, especially if your wall isn't perfectly frontal. I wanted something more flexible that would allow me to experiment with more scenarios, even when the photo is taken at a weird angle. The objective is to get a feel of how'd it look like, without the result being super realistic. Details: - Built with Three.js. - It's a static site hosted on Cloudflare. - Uploaded images are stored in IndexedDB. - Some effects, like shadows and blending, work intermittently. Sometimes they really work, and sometimes they fail horribly. - I've included a few galleries from classic artists and default wall images so you can test it out right away. - I tried to make the UI as intuitive as possible, but that was surprisingly hard - especially in mobile where the space is limited. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated :-) https://ift.tt/AQh37xW August 13, 2024 at 11:47PM

Post a Comment

0 Comments