Show HN: Weekly Charts of Strong Stocks and ETFs https://ift.tt/c6UkgVZ

Show HN: Weekly Charts of Strong Stocks and ETFs Hi HN users, My project is weeklycharts.org. This project generates and shows a weekly list of strong stocks and ETFs. My definition of a "strong" stock is a stock that is rising, upward trending and advancing stock. This project is based on an idea which I have after reading the book, "How I Made $2,000,000 in the Stock Market" by Nicolas Darvas. I have used UNIX shell scripts and GNU Awk to calculate the statistic; and HTML, CSS and SVG for presentation; and GNU Make for building this project. The stock prices and industry profile of the companies are sourced from finance.yahoo.com. I intent to open source the code, on github, but have not decided on a license that best fit this project. I would welcome your suggestion. Initialy, I hope to setup this project as a paid subscription service, maybe say, between one to ten dollars per month. But after much consideration, maybe a open source model is better, as I do not want to turn my hobby project into a business and the hassle of managing it. I prefer to share this project with everyone, with a contribution model. I hope this project is useful to you, as it is for me. All suggestions, feedback and questions are welcome. And I thank you for your time and attention, and support. nano17c (maintainer of weeklycharts.org) PS. I am a long time passive reader of HN. Just create an account recently to show case my first side project. https://ift.tt/iXbhQnH July 17, 2023 at 09:28AM

Post a Comment

0 Comments