Show HN: Obiklip – read transcripts, find and create video segments quickly https://ift.tt/sC2VkBd

Show HN: Obiklip – read transcripts, find and create video segments quickly I'm a video editor, but not very professional. I mostly edit speech and podcast videos to highlight interesting parts and make short clips. I've found that the most time-consuming task is finding interesting segments in a full-length video. It usually takes me 2-3 hours of continuous listening just to find the 'timestamps' where the interesting points start and end. I'm referring to source videos that are 30 min to 1 hour long. Nowadays, getting transcriptions for videos is easy with AI. So, why not use that to find segments? Reading through a transcription is much quicker and easier than listening to the whole video. You can't predict what the speaker in the video will say, so you need to listen, go back and forth, and keep repeating this process until you finish the video. So, I created Obiklip. Now I can go through each line of the transcription, listen to each line, read or skim through it. It saves me hours! Of course, there's still detailed post-production editing to do, but finding points to highlight is no longer a pain. As the only developer for this project, I'm happy to share this and hear feedback from the community! P.S. It's a free software. But if you need to buy a license, use the "HELLOHN" coupon. You'll get 50% off. https://ift.tt/l6xVEC9 October 17, 2023 at 04:21AM

Post a Comment

0 Comments