Show HN: GoTorch – A Go Implementation of PyTorch https://ift.tt/diGrLQs

Show HN: GoTorch – A Go Implementation of PyTorch I'm starting to implement a barebones version of pytorch in Go. The primary motivation is: 1. I want to better learn Pytorch and how it works so what better way than to just re-implement some of its core features. 2. I write mainly in Go and haven't come across a lot of ML support in Go 3. I'd rather have a Go ML service instead of spinning up additional infrastructure to just support a python ML service in my Go projects 4. Go's static typing, native concurrency (avoid GIL problem in python), efficient memory management, single binary deployment and more make it a better interface compared to python IMO Knowing the Pytorch is mainly implemented in c++ and c under the covers, I'm not expecting any performance gains by porting it to Go. But still, will be interesting to see how it compares. Check it out below and let me know your thoughts! https://ift.tt/95KLGrH January 15, 2024 at 08:43AM

Post a Comment

0 Comments