Show HN: Newton's Orchard – Browser-based space/gravity playground https://ift.tt/ZYBG4cT

Show HN: Newton's Orchard – Browser-based space/gravity playground Hi HN! My son spent a lot of time in 5th grade playing with the 2-dimensional PhET gravity/space sims[1]. His STEM class uses it, and he was playing with it at home, and has been looking for more. I found several space sims/playgrounds online, including NASA's Eyes on the Solar System[2], but nothing that seemed to offer a real progression from what he was getting out of the PhET sims, so I built Newton's Orchard over the summer for him. https://ift.tt/ErXONaT The source is also published at https://ift.tt/bmcQozW It features deterministic time scrubbing, all bodies are editable, different preset systems and experiments, missions to complete (complete 3 to unlock the blackhole object type and mission), and a gallery for user submissions. I would very much appreciate feedback from HN - particularly from the lens of making it engaging and illuminating for students, and anyone that would like to just get a feel for how gravity works. Thank you! [1] https://ift.tt/UQxjEJf... [2] https://ift.tt/jr9Ukp8 https://ift.tt/ErXONaT September 1, 2026 at 07:43PM

Post a Comment

0 Comments